[2008] Figs

[2008] Figs

[2008] Map of the West Bank

[2008] Map of the West Bank

8/27/2008

"Let me sort out your confusion"

So, yes, I know, it's difficult to read this. Because posts appear in no apparent order. Yes, yes, got it. Deal. Sorry, I must just be jetlagged and crabby. I'm kidding.

I wrote posts either a few days after an experience or a week later (after another, more recent experience had been documented) from notes in my journal. I write in most of the posts a date in italics for when the experiences or observations took place. If you really want to read in chronological order, search for the order of the dates. Then again, it may not make a big difference. Probably just a bit strange to come to the flight home in the middle of the stories. Also, the most recently written is listed first. I debated changing this but then you'd have posts from last summer (2007) first, and that just won't do.

Therefore, I offer you, reader, my deepest apologies and then I offer, "If you are not intelligent to sort through this anti-chronological blog, then perhaps you should quit this and pick up the New York Post!" Again, I kid. I think.

Lastly, I only hope I've accurately described and with at least the bare minimum of descriptiveness given you a picture of the world of the West Bank. All I've hoped to do is open a window into a place of deep sorrow but also happiness. Because "The West Bank", or "The Palestinian Territories", or "The Occupied Territories" or "Palestine" (the land whose very name evokes strong feelings, some of intense loyalty, some of deep anger), is depicted so one dimensionally, and because every part of my experience there disputed this, I feel it my need to share with others. Thank you for reading and feel free to contact me at heidirosbe@gmail.com if you think I've misrepresented anything or left out anything of great importance. I offer only my experience and a bit of my viewpoint, but I do not claim to write the truth or give light to the full history of political spectrum.

Shukran.

No comments: