[2008] Figs

[2008] Figs

[2008] Map of the West Bank

[2008] Map of the West Bank

8/01/2008

Anticipation

As I sit in a Brooklyn coffee shop, attempting to study for a graduate school math placement exam I will take in a month... at the end of our orientation... which is after I return from Palestine... it's hard to stay focused, but the prospect of returning to Palestine looming. I leave in nine days. I arrive in ten and a half. I'm nervous. I'm nervous that Israel will turn me away at Ben Gurion. I'm nervous that something won't work out with working with the youth. I'm nervous my video camera will be taken away. I'm nervous that my friends won't have fun. I'm nervous that something will go wrong politically or otherwise. But mostly I'm happy to be going back and happy that my nervous-ness cannot top that which I felt leaving last year. I can't wait to see John and Joseph and Jumana and George and Michel and all the youth....

No comments: